Tips To Make Life Easier
Ann challenged Robert to do a blog post with her on things to make life easier. So Robert woke up this morning at 5AM and before coffee here is what came out. Using our boomer wisdom off the top of our heads (or is it 20/20 vision?) Ann and Robert came up with the following. Rather than make life hard on ourselves, maybe this will help.
Robert’s Tips to Make Life Easier
- 1. Keep things simple
- 2. Don’t borrow money
- 3. Don’t gossip
- 4. Don’t lie
- 5. Do what you are supposed to do
- 6. Show up on time, maybe a little early
- 7. Give the other party more than they expected
- 8. Learn a skill or get an education
- 9. Go to bed on time and get your sleep
- 10. Don’t worry about tomorrow or yesterday, live in the present
Ann’s Tips to Make Life Easier
Since Robert wrote very early, I will write what comes to my mind at 12 noon on a beautiful day in February. It is just like spring not winter. What a gift. Last year at this time we had a difficult winter. It just goes to show how each day can be different. It is up to us to accept, be grateful and make the most of each moment. No one else can do that for us. We have no control over all circumstances but we can always strive to be the best person possible. Therefore Robert, here is my list. I hope everyone will add to it because it is one that can be never ending. If we all contribute then the world will be better place for us and those around us.
- 11. Laugh just because it feels good. Humor has the ability to heal.
- 12. Love yourself just as you are but be willing to change negatives that hold you back from enjoying life.
- 13. Be spontaneous. What is the good in watching the clock all the time. It always moves at the same pace. Let your enter child let loose and fly.
- 14. Learn to trust yourself. You may not always be right but you can grow from your own mistakes
- 15. Be forgiving. Anger and holding grudges serve no purpose to your well being. Besides others will enjoy being around you more.
- 16. Accept change. It is a part of life.
- 17.Replace fear with faith. Most of the time you will find the fear will get much smaller as you practice this.
- 18. Accept mistakes as stepping stones in life instead of defeat.
- 19.Reward yourself daily, after all you are worth it. Make room for rest and relaxation. It is important to your well being.
- 20. Admit when you are wrong. Correct the mistake or make an amend as soon as possible. Do you hang onto self pity, anger and resentments that will sap life right out of you.
- 21. Know your limitations. Doing is good but be careful and don’t bite off more than you can chew as the old saying goes.
- 22. Stand up for yourself when it is necessary. Door mats stay on the ground.
- 23. Rejoice in all things good! Sing a song, hum a tune, dance a jig, clap your hands, tap you foot or just blink your eyes. Just do it!
- 24. Practice your listening skills. It is amazing what you can learn from others. Listening to the sounds of nature, a train whistle, or a laughing child can bring joy to your heart and memories long forgotten.
- 25. Set priorities but take time to be free. Be free to be_ _ _. You fill in the blanks.
- 26. Let go of trying to control everything. It is tiring. Ask yourself this question, “How important is it? Do I really have that much time in life to waste?”
- 27. Allows other to help you when you need help. You may find that it feels good and makes them feel good too.
- 28. Practice humility. No one is more than or less than. We are all human.
- 29. Try not to take personal everything that comes your way. After all it may not even be about you. Allow others to learn from their mistakes just as you have. Rise above in your thinking.
- 30. Use love in everything that you do. If you slip in that area today then try again tomorrow. By doing this you be a success in the journey of life.
There is so much more that could be written and writing is a wonderful way to communicate and relieve ourselves of anxiety. Even more important is practice no matter how small or large. Feel free to share your comment or add to the list. Let Robert and I read your write. Live, Laugh, Learn and Love, Annie Alka WorkingBoomer