We were just down in Florida visiting The Villages last month now we’re heading back to Florida to attend the AARP’s Life@50+ Event in Miami May 14-16. I bet this event will have lots of Florida 50+ folks attending.
We found out there are 110,000 people living in The Villages near Orlando and everyone there would be 50+ and ideal candidates to make the trip down to Miami to attend the three day Life@50+ event. In fact Florida has more retirees than any state so having the Spring AARP event in their state is a big plus.
I have attended Life@50+ events myself for the last two years and have written about the reasons you may want to consider attending this year Life@50+ in Miami. See my post here: Reasons to Attend Life@50+.
My wife Mary Ann and I plan to take the trip down from Atlanta to Miami to attend Life@50+ Miami and already started making our plans. You can check out the list of speakers and celebrities who will be there as well as register here on 2015 Life@50+ National Event & Expo in Miami- AARP site.
We have found we enjoy the travel as well and get to experience a new city for a few days. We always take a city tour and sample the local restaurants and that makes the trip even better. Hope to see you there, I will be the guy with the Retirement Media Inc. hat on.
This post brought to you by The be.group. The content
and opinions expressed below are that of Boomer Places.
The be.group website, which just launched in August of 2014, is here to help guide you through the next phase in your senior living options. This site is far more than just a place to go for information on selling senior living solutions. There you will find step-bystep
guides, tips, advice and much more.
Should you want a brief introduction of the website, you can find one here with this short YouTube video, describing what the site has to offer you, your loved ones, and/or your caretakers.
The website was designed with seniors in mind. It is very user-friendly and the size of the text can easily be changed as needed. Once on the site, you can read about the Be.group, meet their team, find the latest company news, and even find career information – and that is only under one of the site’s
In addition, if you are a medical professional, family member, or caretaker of a senior, you will find tons of useful information as well. In fact, with only a few clicks, you can have the website tailored to
information that is geared towards you. Many have grown to rely on Be.group as a trusted and reliable source of information for senior living solutions.
If you are a baby boomer looking to enter the next phase of living, you will find the website has streamlined all the information spread out across the web and weeded out the misinformation. You will be
guided by simple to follow prompts that lead you to each of the questions you most likely have. For example, “Why Senior Living? Is it Time?” and “Where Do I Start?” are just a few.
Seniors, family, medical professionals, and caretakers will be able to interact with the Be.group website with quizzes, slideshows, and with the format of the site. In addition, there are a lot of tips,
articles, and informative videos that will guide you or your loved one in the right direction for his or her next step in their senior living options.
So, for anyone who has close interactions with baby boomers, or if you are a baby boomer yourself, be sure you visit this new website that has been created with you in mind. Become one of the informed seniors and knowledgeable about all you living options before taking that next step in life. You will be happy you did.
Every year, the AARP holds two national conventions (one in the spring and one in the fall), called Life@50+. The host cities change each year; for 2014, Boston and San Diego will host. The spring event, scheduled for May 8 – 10, will be held in Boston.
So, what is Life@50+, and why should you attend? And, are there any special advantages to attending the Boston event? Here are a few reasons these conventions draw thousands of attendees each year, and some particular incentives to head out to Boston this May:
· The “Oldies Concerts” are prime entertainment: Both Friday and Saturday evenings offer special guest artists. The Spinners / Mary Wilson (one of the Supremes) will perform on Friday – with a big dance floor available to get your groove on – and the Moody Blues are scheduled on Saturday.
· Celebrity appearances: This year in Boston, some of the big names you may see presenting include Whoopi Goldberg, Jay Leno, Dan Marino, Cuban-American musician Emilio Estefan, Linda Ronstadt, and Captain Richard Phillips (of the pirate-hijacked MV Maersk Alabama). You may also see an interview with Laura and Barbara Bush.
· Lifestyles Sessions: Sessions offered this spring include topics on travel, retirement financing, health care, the “pursuit of happiness,” and – always a favorite – the Movies for Grownups Film Festival.
· An opportunity to develop new relationships: Attending a gathering of 50+ individuals from across the country can lead to new friendships or networking opportunities. Over 12,000 Baby Boomers are expected to attend. You may even meet some travel buddies for your next retirement trip!
· Information regarding new health innovations: See how technological advances in healthcare and communications can improve your life. 10 different leaders in the health technology industry will be in Boston to participate in the “Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch” session.
· Over 400 exhibitors: The exhibition floor will be packed with booths exhibiting senior-friendly products, services, and special deals for AARP members.
Of course, simply taking a trip to Boston can be an enticement in itself. Boston offers a number of tours and attractions, including an Old Town Trolley Tour, the New England Aquarium, the USS Constitution, Chinatown, the Spirit of Boston Lunch Cruise, or a luxurious day trip on the Cape Cod and Provincetown Ferry.
Best of all, the Life@50+ convention is extremely affordable! General admission to the entire 3-day event is only $25. If you are ready to plan your trip to Boston this May, go to Life@50+ Boston to start the registration process today.
It was only last September that we attended our first AARP Life@50+ Event in Atlanta; now we are planning on attending the next one in historic Boston
The Boston LifeAt50+ event was back in May and was our second. We had a great time and it appealed to us as much this time as the first time we visited this event. Now looking forward to San Diego in September 4-6, 2014. This time it will be actually called IdeasAt50 San Diego. Looking forward to seeing what new ideas and interesting things we can learn. The post below was pre Boston but I am sure allies to San Diego also. Get more info here on IdeasAt50 in San Diego.
Original post here:
It was only last September that we attended our first AARP Life@50+ Event in Atlanta; now we are planning on attending the next one in historic Boston Massachusetts May 8-10, 2014. Life@50+ is a very poplar national event held twice a year, in the Spring and in the Fall. I would expect over 13,000 baby boomers will be joining me in Boston for this event.
Life@50+ National Event & Expo in Boston – Spring 2014
There are several good reasons to head to this Lifeat50 event in Boston.
1. It is in Boston! Boston is a great city to visit. We love walking around Boston especially the Faneuil Hall district and downtown. The Lifeat50 event will be held at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, near both. Also there are wonderful restaurants and you will love the seafood! What a great opportunity for a little boomer travel to a great city.
See our Pinterest for Lifeat50 Boston.
2. You will see more than 400+ exhibitors on the huge convention floor, with products and services especially appealing to us baby boomers. Plus you get enough freebies to fill a shopping cart. You get to learn about the AARP discounts and deals only available to AARP members. I had no idea about many of them. You can ask questions and try out products with no sales pressure at all. These vendors are there to educate you about their products and services. Many AARP vendors have informative presentations and these gather a crowd quite quickly. 50+ AARP perks are everywhere!
3. AARP Travel Center– The next generation web site to help you anticipate and plan your travel. I previewed this and it should be ready soon, in the meantime the current site is a handy place to begin.
Samantha Brown AARP’s travel ambassador usually attends the Lifeat50+ events and speaks a few times about her favorite subject: travel.
4. Well over a hundred live presentations to see. Three or four stages set up for various presentations going on all during the day. You will want to keep your AARP Pocket Guide handy for the time and places of those which interests you. Every hour there are technology workshops in the Exhibit Hall at the AARP TEK Pavilion about how to use technology to connect with friends, family and new discoveries. Subjects like new smartphones, tablets and apps, new social media sites and the like are popular. Technological advances in healthcare presentation by companies who are developing new products to help us age well. More than 50 lifestyle presentations and workshops are planned and will be well attended.
5. Entertainment is another reason you will like Life@50+ event in Boston. The Moody Blues is booked for Saturday, May 10, 2014 at the convention. Hear Justin Hayward sing “Tuesday Afternoon” and “Your Wildest Dreams”. Baby boomers always have a wonderful party at these shows.
6. Life@50+ Dance Party – The Spinners and Mary Wilson of The Supremes will have the groove going and a large dance floor will be provided for a very energetic baby boomer dance party!!
Then you have the several general sessions with more than a few national celebrities and dynamic speakers. I heard Whoopi Goldberg interview Tyler Perry at the last event.
This just in: At Boston Whoopi will be talking with Jay Leno on stage. Also on stage will be Linda Ronstadt, Captain Richard Phillips and HGTV stars of Kitchen Cousins Anthony Carrino and John Colaneri.
Laura Bush and her daughter Barbara Pierce Bush will be speaking in Boston among others.
For more information and to keep up with current news, click here for Life@50+ in Boston. Member registration is unbelievably only $25 for this three day event. Time to check out the registration and hotels. See you there!