I am going to list a few common sense basics just for review purposes for all of us. These are not listed in any special order of importance but I am sure that you probably can relate to all of these. Heck, a few of these even gave me a chuckle, maybe it will give you a smile too.
- It is not necessary to use the computer to look up a definition to common sense. If you do, with all the long reads, it will only complicate things more. I know. I just did it!
- It is OK to trust yourself. People have been doing it from the beginning of time. We boomers are of age now and we don’t need the permission of others to be happy!
- Remember, when using a credit card that the bill will be due. If the house payment is not paid or the rent then don’t buy a 60 inch television with a credit card. After all, who needs an electric television if one has no electricity.
- When grocery shopping, make sure you eat and DO NOT go to the store hungry. A hungry person tends to grab more than necessary off those nice snack shelves.
- If you drink alcoholic beverages, to avoid a headache, consider drinking only a couple. Learn to practice saying, “No thank you.” Even better, maybe just sip on some healthy water.
- If you have been using the old standard land line phone and get in the mood to buy a new improved cell phone then be prepared for a learning experience. I bought one 4 months ago and I am still on step one.
- Do not get so busy that you forget to have the oil changed in your vehicle. Use common sense and put the minor things up front to prevent major crisis.
- If your underwear drawers are getting too full then you might want to consider throwing away the ones that have not been worn in a year or so.
- If you are buying a new house, do not assume all of it is in good condition just because it has beautiful curb appeal.
- If your boss asks you to do something within your job description then do it. Know when to say yes and know when to say no.
- Do not be afraid to ask for help if you need it. After all someone just might want to help. The worst that can happen is being rejected. We are grown, we can deal with that!
- Make sure the lid is screwed tight on the mustard and pickle jars before you put them back in the refrigerator. Cleaning up the mess from a spill is NOT FUN.
- No matter how busy you get, remember to take the time for a toilet break when needed. I will not go into the details on this one because I am sure that you have my visual.
- If your lawn needs cutting then cut it. After all the city inspector has more to do than send you a notice.
- When eating chocolate ice cream stop when you are full. I know it is delicious but there are consequences to over indulging to include bulging.
Most important, remember to laugh at yourself because we ALL make mistakes sometimes! Use common sense and loosen up because you baby boomers have earned it! Use common sense and make sure you take time to play no matter how old you are!
Originally posted 2011-03-30 15:57:36.
Comments are closed.