- I bought a new hair color product to cover my gray roots. Since I have a cosmetology license, I did not see a problem with this. It was! The new product had totally different ways to color white and gray. I read the directions. I followed them. The results was dark brown. The box said light vibrant red brown. I wanted what the box said. Well, I will be trying to enjoy my new look of dark brown. Lesson learned, I say! It will grow out. If necessary, I will wear a cap or hat for six weeks. There is no use to sweat the small stuff.
- I look forward to the Retirement Media Daily News Paper that comes out in the evening. There was no paper last evening due to some problem on the computer. You got it! There was no paper this morning either. No problem, I will have double to read when it does appear.
- I wanted to air out the apartment today with the fresh spring air. I opened the patio doors. There was no sunshine but a nice rain with chilly air. Instantly my head started to pound because I have allergies. The lawn folks cut the grass yesterday. Again, no problem. The patio doors are closed and my head ache is easing down underneath my dark brown hair. It will make a great day to sleep before my midnight work shift tonight.
- Then I remembered there were a few things that I still needed from the store. With umbrella in hand, I proceeded out the door to my car. Now, I am here to let you know that traffic in the early a.m. should be avoided whenever possible. Even more so on a rainy day at the end of a week when day folks are trying to get to work. That is another lesson I learned this morning. The lady saved the day that horned her truck horn at me when she almost hit my car. Need I mention that I was sitting still and she was the one moving. No auto repairs or injuries and that is good!
- Sweetie, my dog, was a wee bit disappointed about the rain too. She wanted to chase rabbits but she does not like her feet wet. All the better for me because I don’t like my head wet waiting for her to do her number in the early morning hours. Yep, that was another positive turned to a negative.
- I saw that the gasoline prices went up again overnight. One more penny and it will be at $4.oo a gallon. Lucky me! I didn’t need gas today. Maybe it will go down again before my tank is empty.
- The clothes that I picked up at the laundry mat are in good shape, even though I managed to drop them in the wet grass. They were nicely hung on hangers in strong clear plastic. Whoops! That was close! I am so glad that I don’t have to go back to laundry mat and do them all over again. Now how is that for turning a negative drop to a positive thought.
I have had a lot of fun writing this blog even though it is light and a little off beat but so is life at times. Remember as I always say; This too shall pass. Life is getting too short to waste on the small things that we can not control. Try and find something that you can laugh about each day! Have you had a good BELLY LAUGH today? Just try it because it feels good!
You have a choice, laugh or cry. I hope that you share your laugh with us so that we all can laugh with each other. Need some more boomer humor.
Originally posted 2012-03-24 14:08:00.