Reasons to Attend AARP’s Lifeat50+ in Boston
Every year, the AARP holds two national conventions (one in the spring and one in the fall), called Life@50+. The host cities change each year; for 2014, Boston and San Diego will host. The spring event, scheduled for May 8 – 10, will be held in Boston.
So, what is Life@50+, and why should you attend? And, are there any special advantages to attending the Boston event? Here are a few reasons these conventions draw thousands of attendees each year, and some particular incentives to head out to Boston this May:
· The “Oldies Concerts” are prime entertainment: Both Friday and Saturday evenings offer special guest artists. The Spinners / Mary Wilson (one of the Supremes) will perform on Friday – with a big dance floor available to get your groove on – and the Moody Blues are scheduled on Saturday.
· Celebrity appearances: This year in Boston, some of the big names you may see presenting include Whoopi Goldberg, Jay Leno, Dan Marino, Cuban-American musician Emilio Estefan, Linda Ronstadt, and Captain Richard Phillips (of the pirate-hijacked MV Maersk Alabama). You may also see an interview with Laura and Barbara Bush.
· Lifestyles Sessions: Sessions offered this spring include topics on travel, retirement financing, health care, the “pursuit of happiness,” and – always a favorite – the Movies for Grownups Film Festival.
· An opportunity to develop new relationships: Attending a gathering of 50+ individuals from across the country can lead to new friendships or networking opportunities. Over 12,000 Baby Boomers are expected to attend. You may even meet some travel buddies for your next retirement trip!
· Information regarding new health innovations: See how technological advances in healthcare and communications can improve your life. 10 different leaders in the health technology industry will be in Boston to participate in the “Health Innovation@50+ LivePitch” session.
· Over 400 exhibitors: The exhibition floor will be packed with booths exhibiting senior-friendly products, services, and special deals for AARP members.
Of course, simply taking a trip to Boston can be an enticement in itself. Boston offers a number of tours and attractions, including an Old Town Trolley Tour, the New England Aquarium, the USS Constitution, Chinatown, the Spirit of Boston Lunch Cruise, or a luxurious day trip on the Cape Cod and Provincetown Ferry.
Best of all, the Life@50+ convention is extremely affordable! General admission to the entire 3-day event is only $25. If you are ready to plan your trip to Boston this May, go to Life@50+ Boston to start the registration process today.