When something is eating at me then I like to write about it. In my Bio I wrote that I am 62, single and I like to work on having a positive attitude. Lately something has been eating at me. I look in the computer for deals, news, blogs and read a lot about couples. Now I have been a couple and that is good. I almost got to feeling sorry for myself but no way can I go there so I am turning this negative into a positive right here and now. Don’t get me wrong, it is wonderful to have that special someone but there are positives to being single so therefore I am going to list a few.
- You don’t have to answer to anyone in your house but yourself.
- You can take a nap and not be bothered.
- If you don’t feel like cooking then the heck with it.
- You don’t have to worry about the toilet seat being left up and falling in when you sit down.
- The candy wrappers, empty soda cans and etc. on the coffee table are yours not HIS.
- The under wear in the laundry feels nicer.
- The thermostat can be set in your living area that is pleasing ONLY to you.
- When you grab for your tooth brush it is yours not HIS shaving brush.
- Bathroom breaks can be taken as long as you need without someone standing outside of the door telling you to HURRY up.
- There is more space in your bedroom drawers for nice things like nail polish, makeup, jewelry, Ladies magazines and etc. etc. etc.
- T.V. watching can be fun without someone talking in your ear.
- If you do not like sports then you don’t have to worry about it being on every T.V. channel in the house on Sunday.
- You don’t have to be worried about not getting a special gift from HIM on your special day because there is no Him.
- You have the entire bed to yourself and can throw covers, pillows and etc. where ever you want instead of playing tug of war with the sheets.
- If you like sleeping with your favorite pet then there is always room for the pet to cuddle.
- You don’t have to worry about being told what to do when you already KNOW what you are going to do.
- You can take a shower in private without a HIM trying to get in with you when your only thought is to get clean.
- The ice trays are always full in the refrigerator instead being empty.
- The dishes in the sink are YOURS not HIS and HERS.
- There is much more room in the closet for all your shoes and nice out fits.
- Mud and oil stains are seen much less on your living room carpet.
- The bathroom smells like lavender not Old Spice and gym shoes.
- There is no argument about where or when to go on vacation. You only have to be concerned about your schedule.
- The ice cream that you bought to eat is there when you want it instead of an empty carton.
- You can go to work in peace not having to worry about a phone call from HIM asking what YOU are going to fix HIM for supper.
- Bad breath in the early a.m. is not an issue.
- If you gain a few pounds no one knows but you if you dress correctly.
- If you have a one car garage then it is for YOUR car only.
- You can read a book in bed at night with the light on without hearing a bunch of grumbling coming from a voice on the other side of the bed.
- If you goof up on something at home it is your secret unless you choose to tell.
I am really getting carried away here folks but it sure helped to write these positives down. Now I can lay down, take a little nap in peace before getting ready for work. When I get up I don’t have to be concerned about the living room being in a mess again or the sink filled back up with dishes.
Thanks for letting me vent, You FOLKS are Wonderful!
Originally posted 2011-01-02 21:40:14.
Comments are closed.